This course has been running for many years and continues to develop. It is aimed primarily at anaesthetists who wish to develop advanced airways management knowledge, skills and strategy planning to deal with a wide variety of clinical scenarios. It is largely practical based with a tutor ratio of 1:1 or 1:2 so is very much ‘hands on’.
A mixture of animal, cadaveric and mannequin teaching tools are used. We believe that airway instrumentation, including cricothyrotomy, on human cadavers is the closest we can come to actual clinical practice.
No previous experience of advanced airways techniques is required.
- Management of the predicted and unpredicted DA.
- Use of the fibrescope.
- Use of video laryngoscopes, ILMA, Aintree catheters etc.
- Performing cricothyrotomy.
- How to formulate airway management plans.
- Group discussion of options in the management of airway problems.
Please visit this page later for next course date